Sunday, December 30, 2012

Epic Stryker 50 point Dojo Session

I have been playing a lot of SR2013 lately.  So far I like 2013 a lot better than 2012.  I like the dominate mechanic that awards bonus points for warcasters scoring in zones, I also like that Warcasters can not contest anymore.  For the tournament on January 6th I am running a Siege / eStryker pair of lists.  The Siege list is the one I wrote about here.  I have made two tweaks to that list. Arlan Strangeways now marshals the Defender, and the Ragman has replaced Jonas Murdoch.

I have never put eStryker on the table so this is all theory hammer.  The reason I choose him was because I think that I am going to see a lot of casters camping a lot of focus this year, and eStryker has an excellent way of getting around that.  Deflection and Positive charge are the main spells I like off of him.  My goal was to build a list for synergy with lots of melee.


I really like the idea of the two martially powerful melee units.  I gave the Sword Knights the Centurion so they could use their flank bonus pretty easily, and the Pronto Drive will give the Centurion the movement to keep up with the unit (nearly).  I also like the Centurion / Sword Knight combo because it is a lot to have to remove from a zone or objective.  For a second unit I fell the Stormblades really compliment the list.  They have the elite cadre movement bonus with Stryker, and I like the extra focus for the bonded Stormclad.  When I first got back into Cygnar I had a lot of success running them with the tough buff from the Piper so I will probably keep that going.  I like how hard the Stormblades hit, even if they get stuck in it is still (usually) POW 15  swings.

I can see you all through your computer screens rolling your eyes at me.  Yes I know there are no Forge Guard, Nyss, or Steelheads in this list.  They do not lend any synergy to the list, and not having to take Jonas Murdoch saved me two points.

I am taking the battle engine for my ranged compliment in the list.  Two pow 14s with Electro-leap will help on the charge across the board.  I choose the battle engine over the Nyss Hunters because I wanted something that was more time efficient than a third unit of infantry.  And Stryker has a large bunker to hang out behind if he needs it.

I have a small cast of support pieces.  Rhupert, Alan Runewood, and the Journeyman.  I really like these three pieces.  Pathfinder, tough, defense, terror, stand up, armor, none of these things are bad.

Thanks to the holidays this list is entirely speculation until the day of the tournament.  So I'll be sure to post pics and battle reports of my successes and failures.  I do like to play my armies all painted but I am not too sure that the eStryker list will be painted in time, because...









No comments:

Post a Comment